With this Policy, we would like to explain what cookies are, which ones we use, for what purposes and how you can disable them. Therefore, please take the time to read it, because it is important for us that our users are informed and browse our website with full knowledge of its features.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are files that are downloaded to the user’s device when he/she access our website, and allow us to store or retrieve certain information on multiple variables, such as, for example, the number of times the page has been visited by the user or his/her preferences as a user of our Website and services, which help us to show the user content and advertising of his/her interest. They also allow us to guarantee the user’s session while browsing the site, detect errors in the operation of the site and, in general, to provide our services.
Other similar technologies such as tracking pixels, web beacons, device IDs or tracking URLs also allow to collect data on users, pages visited, links clicked, advertisements displayed, or emails opened.
For ease of understanding of this policy, the term “Cookies” will refer to the combination of all these technologies.
Cookies are necessary to allow the web service to be provided in an agile way and to adapt to the user’s browsing preferences. They provide statistical information, and thanks to it we can better understand the needs of users, optimizing the Service.
It also serves to make advertising more efficient, allowing us to show you more relevant ads according to your interests, both within our spaces and in spaces on other websites.
- What types of cookies are, and which do we use?
Cookies can be divided into different types depending on the entity that manages them (they can be own or third party), the time during which they are active (they can stay active during the session or be persistent) or their purpose (they can be technical, personalization, analytical or advertising). Below, we provide information on the types of cookies used on our website and their purpose:
3.1. Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on who is the entity that manages the equipment or domain from where the cookies are sent and process the data obtained, there are two types of cookies:
- Own Cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from the website.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor or owner of the website, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
3.2. Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain activated on the terminal/device
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the terminal/device and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the entity responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3.3. Types of cookies according to their purpose
- Technical/Functionality cookies: they allow navigation through the Website, as well as the use of the different options or services that exist in it. For example, they allow us to control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, use security elements during navigation or store content for broadcasting videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Analytical Cookies: These cookies allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of our website. To do this, user’s browsing on our website is analyzed in order to improve it.
- What cookies do we use in particular?
For the sake of maximum transparency, we describe below the cookies we use in this Webpage:
|TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES|
|Name||Own / Third-party cookie||Purpose||Duration|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-*||Own||Indicates whether the user has accepted cookies from the corresponding category (necessary, non-necessary, functional, analytics, others).||1 year|
|viewed_cookie_policy||Own||Indicates whether the cookie notice has been viewed.||1 year|
|pll_language||Own||Own cookie to determine the visitor’s language.||1 year|
|Name||Own / Third-party cookie||Purpose||Duration|
|_ga||Third-party cookie (Google)||To count and track pageviews.||2 years|
|_gid||Third-party cookie (Google)||To count and track pageviews.||1 day|
- Who uses the cookies?
In addition to the cookies that the Foundation sets when you visit us, as you will see, there are also third-party cookies, which are necessary to provide the Service. In some cases, this is because we have contracted such third party to provide certain services on our behalf, such as analyzing web page views, for example.
- How can I manage cookies?
6.1. How to view cookies
All browsers offer the user the possibility of searching for and viewing the cookies installed by a website, obtaining information on their duration and the possibility of deleting them, as indicated in the following section. Below are a series of informative links on this issue, based on the most commonly used browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/cookies-informacion-que-los-sitios-webguardan-en-
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-ininternet-explorer-9
6.2. How to disable or delete cookies through the Foundation’s cookie settings center.
In our cookie settings center, you can consent to the use of some or all cookies, as well as withdraw the consent already given for their use, at any time and as many times as you wish.
Please note that if you accept third-party cookies, you should delete them, if you wish, directly through your browser’s cookie management options.
6.3. How to disable or delete cookies through your browser
To disable, restrict, block or delete cookies, the user must modify the settings of the browser used on the user’s terminal/device, whether computer, smartphone or tablet. In general, browsers offer the following configuration options regarding the installation of cookies:
- That the browser rejects all cookies and, therefore, that no cookie from any website is installed on user’s terminal.
- That the browser warns the user before the installation of the cookie so that he/she can decide whether or not to accept its installation.
- That the browser only rejects third-party cookies from the websites the user visits, but not those used by the website he/she is browsing.
- The option of browsing in private mode by which cookies are installed on the terminal, but is automatically deleted when the user finishes browsing the website:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=es,
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/navegacion-privada-navega-en-la-web-singuardar-in?redirectlocale=en US&as=u&redirectslug=Private+Browsing&utm_source=inproduct,
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-ES/windows-8/help-protect-yourself-ie-10?ocid=IE10_priv_browsing#firstTabControl=tab1
- What s the Foundation’s responsibility for cookies?
Third party cookies may be modified, implemented or deleted without notifying us, so we cannot always be responsible for the information to be perfectly updated as required by law. However, in order to offer you a better information service, we have linked the cookies and privacy policies of these third parties so that you can consult them at any time in their most updated version, and we will periodically review them to update our texts.
The cookies policy may be modified by the Foundation at any time, so we recommend reading it with each entry to the Web Page.
- Other aspects:
The use of the Service entails the recognition by the user that he/she has read the present Cookies Policy, authorizing the Foundation to use them, in order to allow him/her a complete use of the Website. For clarification of doubts or to request more information, you can send your questions to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified in September 2021.